Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046) Permission denied
The answer is run ‘cacls’ from DOS command line. You can just type ‘cacls’ and see the command help.
Example of usage:
cacls C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mypublicfile.txt /E /G Guest:F
- C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mypublicfile.txt is the file, but we can also specify a folder
- Guest is the user we want to give access
- /E means we add to existing file security settings. Without /E, the system will delete everyone else’s access.
- /G must exists before user:access
- F means full access, R means read, W means write
I got this info from this thread when trying to solve permission denied problem of my ASP script when trying to delete a file.