Just a thread where people can leave comments/discuss about sfSimpleGoogleSitemapPlugin, a Symfony plugin that I originally wrote more than a year ago.
Meet My Mate is a dating website to help your mates meet others. The website has comprehensive features such as purchase credit (Paypal), add a mate, search profiles, chat, private messaging, FAQ system, and more.
This is for Symfony 1.2 and sfGuardPlugin, but may be relevant for newer versions (1.3, 1.4, etc).
Setting timeout to false in factories.yml should’ve worked, e.g. like this:
all: user: class: myUser param: # this should have worked, but did not timeout: false
But it didn’t work because I think ‘false’ did not get parsed as literal false.
Read more →
Symfony Framework has a preview release (not stable yet) of Symfony version 2 (Symfony Reloaded).
At a glance, by reading the ‘read and learn‘ section, this new version will be quite different than the previous versions in terms of file and directory structure, components, etc.
- Namespace – finally PHP has namespace and Symfony will be one of the first frameworks to support it.
- View layer will be even more flexible, due to bundles. I’m guessing there’s be no more issue with trying to share codes between ‘apps’ (no more apps in Symfony 2, they are all bundles).
- More configurable routing.yml – for example you can specify for a routing to return xml, json, and more.
Interesting comparison with other frameworks showing how fast Symfony 2 is, Symfony team claimed it is arguably the fastest!
I look forward to spend sometime to get familiar with this new version.
I haven’t watched these videos yet, but here they are! I hope they are in English :P
Thanks to Ben Haine for uploading those videos :)
APC (Alternative PHP Cache) is an open source code PHP code cache and optimizer (or code accelerator). It is a necessary companion to any Symfony project. Read more →
The answer is run ‘cacls’ from DOS command line. You can just type ‘cacls’ and see the command help.
Example of usage:
cacls C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mypublicfile.txt /E /G Guest:F
- C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mypublicfile.txt is the file, but we can also specify a folder
- Guest is the user we want to give access
- /E means we add to existing file security settings. Without /E, the system will delete everyone else’s access.
- /G must exists before user:access
- F means full access, R means read, W means write
I got this info from this thread when trying to solve permission denied problem of my ASP script when trying to delete a file.
find . –name .svn –print0 | xargs –0 rm –rf
Just a handy list for me and anyone else out there. Most popular high traffic websites only.
Wikipedia, Facebook, Friendster, Yahoo, Delicious, Youtube, Digg, WordPress, Tagged, W3Counter, MyYearBook
Susan Mofo is an author, a poet, and a health practitioner. And at the moment she is working to finish her first music CD! Susanmofo.com is a simple but effective website for Susan’s official online presence, to promote her book, CD, and physiotherapy.